vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle, 3M, Unilever, UMUC and American Airlines host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade Shows, Virtual Open Days & more. The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
About the role
We are looking for a System Administrator who can help us with infrastructure activities.
● Maintain and administer PC and Network related issues. Hardware and Software
● Provide Level 1 & 2 computer and phone support to local and remote users.
● Liaise and maintain good relationship with vendors
● Ensure 24/7 availability of running IT Assets
● Document and manage Hardware and Software Inventory
● Contribute in Implementing and improving IT Related procedures and standards.
● Provide regular operational reports to the direct manager.
● Analysis and proposal on cost related issues
● Train and empower team members and end users with relevant knowledge sharing.
● Organize work off hours in order to minimize IT systems downtime in office hours.
● Read and research new technologies and have discussions with the team and manager.
● Perform data backups and restore operations.
● Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
● Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
● Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
● Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
● Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
● Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
● Research , configure , setup of Linux servers, database and other open source systems and services.
● Assist customers in troubleshooting network and web site access issues.
● Assist development teams with routine Linux desktop and network issues
● Setup basic open source Database systems
● Assist manager in capacity planning
● Procure and setup online accounts and services with direct manager supervision.
● Maintain and suggest improvements of our cloud infrastructure.
● 2-3 years of experience as a System Administrator, DevOps or Similar roles
● Proven experience with Linux, Databases, networks and patch management
● Knows orchestration tools like Ansible
● Resourcefulness Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
● Excellent communication skills
● BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
● Knowledge in Amazon AWS Services