vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive, and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle, 3M, Unilever, UMUC, and American Airlines host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade Shows, Virtual Open Days & more. The vFairs platform is leading the way in breaking barriers in the events industry.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help and build functional systems and teams to deliver secure, scalable, distributed services that improve customer experience. Responsibilities include administration and management of Servers and Services, Integrations, build automated systems, infrastructure, and release pipelines. Have a solid background in system engineering, automation and are familiar with Perl / Python / Bash or similar. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Build a robust, scalable infrastructure
● Setup, Configure, and maintain infrastructure for multiple Dev/QA/PreProd/Prod environments
● Trace complex build problems, release issues, and environmental issues
● Work efficiently and effectively with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
● Think strategically, investigate, and act tactically.
● Have solid judgment and know when to escalate
● Handle code deployments in all environments
● Setting up and maintaining various virtual environments (VMs, and Containers)
● Monitor metrics and identify ways to improve
● Automating various tasks using scripting
● Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on DevOps-based development and deployment
● Improve practices for infrastructure development and application development
● Improve the performance and reliability of existing systems
● Maintain and perform accordingly to defined SLAs
Qualification & Experience
● BS/MS in Computer Science/IT or related field
● Proven 2 to 4 years of experience
● Any relevant certification will be a plus
● Experience working on Linux (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, etc.) and Windows-based environments.
● Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Dockers, Pods, Kubernetes, etc.)
● Expert in scripting (Batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
● Knowledge of secure web technologies, TLS, certificates, etc.
● The ability to explain technical concepts in a friendly and patient manner
● Proven experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
● Proficient with software configuration management and source control tools (GIT or GitLab)
● Experience working on Continuous Integration & Delivery (Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS, etc.)
● Experience using/creating build tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle, or similar)
● Hands-on experience with at least one of the monitoring tools such as Sensu, Monit, Nagios, Zabbix, etc.
● Experience managing AWS, cloud-based, enterprise platforms
● Familiarity with AWS Developer tools: AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline
● Familiarity with GitLab Developer tools
● Understanding of networks including subnets, VPN, firewalls, and load balancing
● Hands-on with Application servers deployment, configuration, and tuning experience (Apache, NginX)
● Willingness to work with new technologies and exploring them for project benefits.
● Able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
● Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
● Flexibility in multiple time zone coverage