vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle’, 3M, T-Mobile, Cornell University and Ford Motors host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade shows, Virtual Open Days & more.
The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry. Our traction can be seen by the fact that we were featured in the top 100 fastest-growing SMB startups in North America by Latka Magazine.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
About the role
In the past, vFairs has done well in executing tactical marketing campaigns to attract demand and generate leads. We are now at a point where we want to develop a unique and admirable brand identity of vFairs, dial up brand awareness, create a recognizable voice in the industry and establish trust and repute.
Day 1 to 30
- Gain a deep understanding of the virtual events platform, the problems we solve & our existing sales processes.
- Understand mid to long-term business objectives, targets and goals & create a partner acquisition strategy that aligns with it.
- Thoroughly research our customers and prospects, interview them, build personas and develop target profiles
- Study the brand, sales and marketing collateral we have created & identify gaps and opportunities
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Measure volume of brand-queries in the past 12 months (Google searches including our brand) and work out plans to increase it
- Review previous press releases and external communications we’ve been involved in
- Collaborate with marketing team members to devise a Brand Guide & Strategy
- Distribute it across functions to ensure guidelines are respected
- Kickoff work to ensure existing collateral is brought into compliance with the Brand Guide
- Develop a rolling calendar of informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
Day 30 to 60
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media (e.g. TechCrunch, HuffingtonPost & the likes)
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on a brand marketing strategy to brainstorm campaigns to improve brand awareness in top regional markets
- Lead creative initiatives to motivate the target audience to “take action” from developing memorable video ads to captivating social campaigns
- Build dashboards to measure key metrics like brand awareness, brand searches on search results, brand recognition/reputation and lead generation impact on a regular basis & issue reports to showcase impact.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials with the help of designers & copywriters.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Advise social media team on strategies to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
Day 60 & beyond
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions.
- Prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Monitor product releases and consumer reactions.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities.
- Monitor branded search volume & ideate ways to keep growing such high-intent traffic to the marketing site.
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Proven working experience as a communications, PR and/or brand management domain (minimum 5 years)
- Excellent proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with any mainstream CRM (Hubspot is preferred).
- Experience with MS Office.
- Proficiency in developing reports, analysis, and insights.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with cross-functional departments.
- BSc/BA in technology, business administration, sales, marketing or relevant field.