At vFairs, we have a creative bunch of engineers that keep cooking up wonderful innovations in their software kitchen and extending our virtual events platform.
We are in need of a marketing mastermind that is comfortable in leading a lean team of marketers to create global demand for our offering, so that potential customers start lining up around the block.
What will be expected of you?
The ultimate goal of the job is to construct and operate a digital marketing engine that consistently generates qualified leads for the vFairs product.
In other words, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible to brand, market and promote vFairs across a number of marketing channels to create a healthy pipeline for our hungry Sales team to convert into happy customers.
What will you be exactly doing?
As the captain of all-things-marketing, here are some of the main activities you will be involved in:
- Gaining a deep understanding of the vFairs virtual events platform, capabilities and our upcoming engineering roadmap.
- Analyzing the existing marketing efforts that we conduct and identifying strengths, gaps and opportunities
- Understanding what the resources in the marketing team currently do and where else you could potentially utilize
- Walking into your lab and crafting a marketing plan to take over the virtual events world. You would do this by:
- Understanding the gaps and opportunities on the marketing site and working with front-end and content resources to improve the copy, design and user experience to push our conversion rates higher.
- Examining our PPC setup (search, video and display campaigns) and actively working with the Search Engine Marketing specialist to come up with an optimization and expansion plan.
- Inspecting our existing SEO strategy, content creation processes and inbound marketing engine and working with the content marketer to optimize it so that Google and customers fall in love with us.
- Analyzing our social media campaigns and planning how we can accelerate traction, engagement and lead gen.
- Planning brand awareness/activation campaigns for specific markets within a certain budget and then executing them using available resources
- Taking a hard look at our email marketing processes, copy and campaigns and re-architecting them to improve conversions and reply rates.
- Identifying product news, updates and partnerships that needs to be amplified through a press release and executing such campaigns using appropriate tools
- Building a yardstick that helps you measure and report the performance of your digital marketing campaigns and easily benchmark them against KPIs
- Crafting nifty experiments and A/B tests for developers to implement in an effort to optimize for conversions
- Leveraging the CRM to extract lead generation and lead quality statistics and create a feedback loop for marketing efforts
- Growing (hiring), mentoring and coaching a team of talented people around you that can help you on your way to world domination
- Apart from attracting new customers, you will also be delighting existing ones with Customer Marketing techniques to help boost retention rates and returning customers.
This job might be for you if:
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup like environment where you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the minute details whenever required but still not lose sight of the bigger picture.
- You are excited about the prospect of mentoring and coaching a lean marketing team, managing their weekly tasks, conducting daily huddles and helping them become more productive.
- You are able to understand how the B2B world works and you can make qualified lead generation your north star.
- You have excellent written communication skills and a nose for stellar content to be able to guide copywriting and email marketing teams and are able to convey ideas clearly.
- You speak with the eloquence of a seasoned politician and are able to motivate team members to pursue unified goals.
- You have an out-of-control love affair with numbers and have a passion to track and optimize them.
- You are on a first-name basis with tools like Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Hubspot, Mailchimp etc. (knowledge of similar tools is also acceptable).
- You are not afraid to craft experiments and A/B tests to somehow squeeze that extra drop of lead juice.
- You are able to stitch integrated marketing campaigns that gel well together. You know the potential of each marketing channel and understand that not all channels are made equal for every product.
- You like to keep learning about the field of digital marketing and keep up with the latest trends.
How do I know I qualify for this job?
- Proven work experience of at least 8-10 years in the digital marketing field (massive plus if majority of that is with B2B SaaS products)
- Bachelor's or Master's in Digital Marketing or any related field
- Experience with managing mainstream marketing channels like PPC, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media etc.
- Experience with conversion rate optimization
- Strong analytics skills and data-driven thinking