ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a high-performing VP of Sales that can help us structure our sales organization and drive it to achieve our ambitious revenue growth objectives.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for architecting an effective inbound & outbound sales strategy and building out a team of Account Executives and SDR's across enterprise market sales. The person should be adept in outbound sales strategies, excited by selling into new markets, negotiating complex deals and beating the competition in head to head opportunities.
The VP of Sales will align & continually coach the entire sales team to enable them to achieve business’s KPIs, keep a pulse of the market to identify new commercial opportunities and also manage external partners and collaborations.
- Direct and coordinate the company’s sales functions.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Develop an outbound sales strategy and select the techniques, channels and tools to approach target audiences
- Analyze, evaluate & share reports on the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Develop and manage sales budgets, monitor deal flow and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Monitor, guide & mentor sales representatives to help them improve closing ratios.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Supervise the SDR functions and establish processes and best practices to qualify leads and maximize demo setups.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate sales & SDR staff.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- 10+ years of relevant sales experience including management of SDR and AE functions and a track record of exceeding quota
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Willingness to work on a flexible time schedule as the customer and sales team is globally spread out
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent