vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle’, 3M, T-Mobile, Cornell University and Ford Motors host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade shows, Virtual Open Days & more.
The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry. Our traction can be seen by the fact that we were featured in the top 100 fastest-growing SMB startups in North America by Latka Magazine.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
We’re looking for a seasoned product manager that can take an idea from the ground up and then work with technical teams to design, build and roll-out mobile app products that can potentially affect the behaviour of millions of people, especially with regards to the events industry.
- Research customers and audiences to understand pain points and problems worth solving
- Have a keen eye (or eyes) for design and stellar user experience
- Construct a framework to identify key metrics and design dashboards that help inform product and leadership teams make informed decisions
- Be comfortable with sketching out product onboarding flows
- Be the product evangelist to excite engineering, sales, support and leadership about upcoming enhancements and the roadmap
- Are not afraid to jump on a call with a customer to gather feedback and get deeper, actionable insights
- Collaborate with product marketing & sales enablement personnel to ideate on product pitches, campaigns and collateral
- Are very comfortable working in a dynamic organization where things go from zero to exciting in 60 seconds
- Research the market and develop a product vision for a mobile-first product
- Conduct extensive primary and secondary research in the product domain and come up with a MVP iteration & go-to-market plan
- Develop user personas, use cases, interaction flows and sitemaps/navigations for the product in hand
- Decide on a set of product features and write specifications/PRDs for a mobile product with great detail to document functional and aesthetic aspects of what needs to be built.
- Create wireframes of the intended user experience to guide tech teams to comprehend user experience
- Ability to analyze click flows and generate insights on user behavior patterns from data.
- Collaborate closely with developers, designers and quality assurance on building the “right product” by explaining specifications, guiding user experience, reviewing deliverables and conveying an exciting vision
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact. Ability to make prioritization decisions in the face of ambiguity is key.
- Create meaningful experiments to test out hypothesis, execute them and share findings along with recommended actions
- Collaborate with product marketing to organize successful product launches
- Work with support teams to develop copy for sales collateral and product manuals
- 3 - 5 years of experience in SaaS product management
- Understanding of lean product management principles and how to execute “Build-Measure-Learn” cycles
- Comfort with creating user stories (or applying the JTBD framework) and managing a backlog with tools like Slack, Jira and Asana.
- Working knowledge of Agile project management methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban
- Working knowledge of key product management metrics downloads, installs, MAUs/DAUs, engagement metrics
- Comfort with analytics tools like Google Analytics & Firebase is mandatory
- Extensive wireframing and prototyping experience using a mainstream tool like Figma, Sketch or other equivalents
- Proven track record of successfully going through an end-to-end product development cycle and delivering a launch
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to empathize with consumers
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with an ability to motivate teams and act as a product evangelist
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in CS or MBA