vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle’, 3M, T-Mobile, Cornell University and Ford Motors host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade shows, Virtual Open Days & more.
The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry. Our traction can be seen by the fact that we were featured in the top 100 fastest-growing SMB startups in North America by Latka Magazine.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
vFairs hosts a huge number of virtual events for its customers and as part of our service, we want to ensure the highest level of security to the data and integrity of the events conducted to give our customers peace of mind.
We’re looking for a diligent ethical hacker or cybersecurity specialist that is willing to dive into this exciting product domain to ensure watertight security for our online spectacles.
As an ethical hacker, you’ll be developing advanced penetration tests to identify vulnerabilities in our online ecosystem, which could be penetrated by malicious intruders. In turn, you’ll be advising engineering teams on how to establish countermeasures for these areas and testing whether implementation was done properly.
The idea is to proactively identify threats and develop plans to mitigate those risks. Moreover, if an incident should come to bear, the ethical hacker will need to guide tech teams to ward off attacks and propose permanent solutions.
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Conducting multiple penetration tests on the system, Identifying and recording security flaws and breaches.
- Researching the company's system, network structure, and possible penetration sites.
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Analyzing the system architecture to identify loopholes, backdoors and sensitive areas and proactively collaborating with tech to address those issues
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Testing security features to ensure they pass penetration tests
- Testing newly planned features and analyze how they can potentially create security threats
- Working on encryption standards of the platform and ensuring high-level of data privacy
- Proven working experience as a certified ethical hacker or cybersecurity specialist (minimum 5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with any mainstream CRM (Hubspot is preferred).
- Experience with MS Office.
- Preference for professionals with security certifications like
- Candidates have to be knowledgeable at a deep level of Unix and Windows operating system fundamentals, the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model and TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) stack.
- Familiarity with computer security precepts and the hacker scene are viewed favorably.
- Advanced knowledge of networking systems and security software.
- In-depth knowledge of parameter manipulation, session hijacking, and cross-site scripting.
- Technical knowledge of routers, firewalls, and server systems.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security