vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle, 3M, Unilever, UMUC and American Airlines host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade Shows, Virtual Open Days & more. The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
About the role
We are looking for a Database Administrator who can help us maintain and optimize databases. Who will ensure that our databases are performant, highly available, reliable and scalable. Responsibilities also include partnering with engineers on writing SQL DDL, DML, optimization and automatization.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Design and implement high availability database architecture in AWS-RDS
● Creates/restore/migrate/maintain database instances within and across the platforms with minimum down time
● Troubleshoots and resolves the problems regarding the databases
● Develop and maintains database backups & recovery procedures
● Automate archival and / or obfuscation of old data
● Control access permissions and privileges
● Build dashboards for database health monitoring and alerting
● Reviews and assists the impact analysis of any changes made on production databases
● perform and Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement for optimizations
● Ensure 24/7 availability of Databases
● Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
● Organize work off hours in order to minimize DB downtime in Customer business hours
● Provide regular operational reports to the direct manager.
Qualification & Experience
● BS / MS in computer science or in similar discipline
● 5+ years of relevant experience in Database administration and optimization
● Certified in MySQL, AWS-RDS will be a plus
● Good Working Knowledge in AWS-RDS
● Proficient Knowledge of standards, security and best practices in MySQL/Aurora
● Strong in writing and optimizing SQL statements
● Deep understanding of creating and Optimized DB Indexes
● Excellent knowledge of MySQL backups and recovery scenarios
● Experience with Replication and Cluster configuration in MySQL
● A good knowledge of MySQL security management
● Knowledge of MySQL Advance Features and related tools and utilities
● Experience in troubleshooting, Monitoring and Log tools
● Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
● Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers
● Ability to work independently, flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
● Able to work in fast paced changing environment
● Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
● Flexibility in multiple time zone coverage