vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle’, 3M, T-Mobile, Cornell University and Ford Motors host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade shows, Virtual Open Days & more.
The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry. Our traction can be seen by the fact that we were featured in the top 100 fastest-growing SMB startups in North America by Latka Magazine.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We take immense pride in the fact that we have an employee base that’s rapidly growing in strength in several markets across the world namely the United States, Canada, Spain, England, Middle East, Pakistan, Singapore and Australia.
We’re seeing wonderful people from various cultures and backgrounds join our ranks and we wish to continue this trend in the future. Now that we support a remote work culture that will transcend international boundaries, it’s important we put in place the right strategies going forward. Thus, we’re looking for a capable, hands-on HR Manager to ensure that we keep developing an amazing team and stay true to our values.
This role will include 4 primary functions including:
- Talent operations: This role will manage internal/external recruiters to hire the right talent from entry-level to executive-level positions.
- Strategic: Advise executive management with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development.
- Culture: Take the lead on establishing an attractive culture that translates well internationally.
- Development: Secure our long-term growth by leading all training and career development initiatives.
Reporting into the CEO, the HR Manager will develop and execute the HR strategy for the organization and help us transform our organization into a modern, productive and welcoming place to work.
- Design recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates.
- Evaluate and refine existing sourcing and selection procedures.
- Devise scalable remote work policies and put them into practice.
- Conduct skills gap analysis on a regular basis.
- Monitor and report on turnover rates & share recommendations to counter employee churn.
- Build succession plans.
- Craft policies that support internal promotions
- Lead employer branding efforts (like recruitment marketing).
- Develop HR policies for all branches, countries, regions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our HR procedures and tools
- Ensure HR plans align with our mission and business objectives.
- Manage and mentor internal and external recruiters to ensure hiring activities are on schedule.
- Craft talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs
- Planning regular employee performance evaluations.
- Perform benchmark research on compensation and benefits.
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities.
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees and their team leaders.
- Oversee new hire onboarding processes and evaluate strength of processes in place.
- Coach employees and act as their consultant regarding learning and development activities.
- Use the in-place ATS to monitor talent acquisition progress.
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates.
- Develop employee retention programs and team-building activities.
- Organize and oversee individual and team training programs (both outsourced and in-house).
- Evaluate training and development programs.
- Work experience as an HR Manager, Chief HR Officer, VP of HR, Head of Talent or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of all HR functions.
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources tools (e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems).
- Good understanding of labor legislation.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Communication and problem-solving skills.
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field.
- Certification like PHR and SPHR is a plus.
- Experience delivering employee training programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.