vFairs aims to transform the events industry and change how people come together and exchange ideas on topics of interest.
It does this by empowering organizations to move away from expensive, limiting & tedious physical events and host hassle-free online event experiences instead. Virtual events prove to be far more cost-effective, scalable, productive and measurable. Most of all, they remove the need for people to be at a specific physical location making it very convenient.
vFairs has helped top organizations like Nestle, 3M, Unilever, UMUC and American Airlines host amazing Virtual Career Fairs, Online Trade Shows, Virtual Open Days & more. The vFairs platform is leading the way on breaking barriers in the events industry.
Interested in changing how the world hosts events? Let’s do it together at vFairs.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced technical team lead that will lead a team of developers from the front by creating architectural approaches for software, driving the team’s progress and actively participating in implementation.
This job is for you if:
- You are a self-driven leader that can motivate a team to do wonders
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and hacking top-notch code
- You get super excited with autonomy in deciding software architecture, technology stack, and development methodologies
- You like working in products that move super fast, where ideas go from zero to execution in no time
- You are comfortable in collaborating with internationally-based departmental teams
- Work with product manager to understand the product vision and lead software architecture and framework strategies and take decisions
- Be comfortable in communicating software architecture ideas using ERDs, UML diagrams, data models and other technical artifacts
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Fully understand how to conduct software development with agile methodologies like FDD and Scrum
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Actively participate in programming against specifications
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers as and when needed
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- 3+ years experience in operating as a technical lead, managing a team of at least 3 members
- 7+ years of experience in software development and coding in languages like PHP (working knowledge)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Minimum BS/Bsc in computer science, engineering or relevant field