As we're growing in scale, we have a rising number of clients in the region that are reaching out to us for customizing, enhancing and deploying these events for them. This growth has created a need for a seasoned, experienced leader to step up and liaise between clients and our development hubs, organize our project activities, set client expectations, prioritize operations and ensure quality delivery.
Since most of our clientele come from the North American region, we prefer a committed professional who can operate in those timings which translate from 3 AM - 12 PM Pakistan time.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects, ensuring first that these initiatives and projects are closely aligned with vFairs’ strategic priorities, and second, that these initiatives and projects are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverable.
The TPM will ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system support throughout the life cycle (design, development, testing and evaluation, production and disposition) of each program and will analyze alternative problem solutions and present a case for the recommended solutions with a detailed analysis of risks and return on investment.
The TPM acts as a project management technical lead and business analysis subject matter expert and is responsible for cross-functional collaboration and working with vFairs’ business functional areas to deliver technical solutions in the form of virtual events.
The TPM manages all phases of service delivery including: analysis and design, configuration and build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of technical project management including all project resources, project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management.
- Support Project Managers & Team Leads with any or all technology requirements for a Manage a large portfolio of projects at any given point of time. and plan event delivery schedules.
- Full event technology life cycle ownership: successful event delivery will include full service delivery from pre-sales sales handover to post-event closure calls with clients.
- Provide on-site technology leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Provide on-site technology leadership for the Project teams by holding regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making purchases on behalf of the company.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones.
- Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related management and technical duties.
- Assigns and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Experience with high level understanding, negotiating, communicating and management in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, APIs, integrations, customization, database and system design.
- Work with development and event setup teams to ensure event customizations and client requests are delivered on-time.
- Experience with understanding, negotiating, communicating and managing technical requirements e.g. integrations, APIs, customization etc.
- Report on event success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Employ project management practices and engineer processes to ensure the team is able to deliver high-quality results to each client to compel them for renewals.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project.
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned time frames.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings.
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Understand inter dependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Ensure technical accuracy, scalability and quality of event through collaboration with development teams.
- Measure and optimize processes to increase renewal rate of customers and their satisfaction scores
- Conduct post-event calls to collect candid feedback from customers, capture testimonials & create follow-up actions on each feedback item
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors and key stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
- A degree in engineering, computer science or a related field.
- Ability to work with clients in US/Canada hours while operating from Lahore. multiple time zones while operating from Lahore.
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between Senior Management and Project teams.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders.
- Excellent Leadership abilities.
NICE TO HAVE
- Preferably possess some certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Security, SQL, Development, etc.
- Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement.
- PMP, PMI - ACP, CSM, Six Sigma Certification
- Understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.
- Some experience of programming languages and coding.
- Basic SQL query knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities