We’re looking for a seasoned Events App Mobile Product Manager that can take an idea from the ground up and then work with technical teams to design, build and roll-out mobile app products that can potentially affect the behavior of millions of people, especially with regards to the events industry.
This job is for you if you:
- Research customers and audiences to understand pain points and problems worth solving
- Work with designers and engineers to develop a mobile app spec and wireframe/prototype that is clear and actionable
- Have a keen eye (or eyes) for design and stellar user experience
- Construct a framework to identify key metrics and design dashboards that help inform product and leadership teams make informed decisions
- Understand the mechanics of mobile apps (iPhone and Android)
- Be comfortable with sketching out product onboarding flows
- Be the product evangelist to excite engineering, sales, support and leadership about upcoming enhancements and the roadmap
- Are not afraid to jump on a call with a customer to gather feedback and get deeper, actionable insights
- Collaborate with product marketing & sales enablement personnel to ideate on product pitches, campaigns and collateral
- Are very comfortable working in a dynamic organization where things go from zero to exciting in 60 seconds
- Research the market and develop a product vision for a mobile-first product
- Understand how mobile apps work, the various technologies involved, limitations and the typical metrics that need to be tracked
- Conduct extensive primary and secondary research in the product domain and come up with a MVP iteration & go-to-market plan
- Develop user personas, use cases, interaction flows and sitemaps/navigations for the product in hand
- Decide on a set of product features and write specifications/PRDs for a mobile product with great detail to document functional and aesthetic aspects of what needs to be built.
- Create wireframes of the intended user experience to guide tech teams to comprehend user experience
- Ability to analyze click flows and generate insights on user behavior patterns from data.
- Collaborate closely with developers, designers and quality assurance on building the “right product” by explaining specifications, guiding user experience, reviewing deliverables and conveying an exciting vision
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact. Ability to make prioritization decisions in the face of ambiguity is key.
- Create meaningful experiments to test out hypothesis, execute them and share findings along with recommended actions
- Collaborate with product marketing to organize successful product launches
- Work with support teams to develop copy for sales collateral and product manuals
- 5+ years of experience in product management for mobile app products
- Understanding of lean product management principles and how to execute “Build-Measure-Learn” cycles
- Comfort with creating user stories (or applying the JTBD framework) and managing a backlog with tools like Slack, Jira and Asana.
- Working knowledge of Agile project management methodologies like or SCRUM or Kanban
- Working knowledge of key product management metrics downloads, installs, MAUs/DAUs, engagement metrics
- Comfort with analytics tools like Analytics & Firebase is mandatory
- Extensive wireframing and prototyping experience using a mainstream tool like Figma, Sketch or other equivalents
- Proven track record of successfully going through an end-to-end product development cycle and delivering a launch
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to empathize with consumers
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with an ability to motivate teams and act as a product evangelist
- Strong fundamental understanding and/or hands-on experience in mobile app technologies
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in CS or MBA